Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yesterday and This Morning

Today I have a few PCs to work on.., first 1... Blown motherboard, very old PC.... I then heard funeral march.... Eh, it happens. The other big one is installing new hard drive, re-install Windows XP. Overall it is a very nice PC. (YAY)

Lesser Geek Talk :: Video Games

Terraria
This game is amazing, super sweet and endless in fun filled possible things to do. First of all, it is like the old school 2D platformers from the late 80's / early 90's era. You start off with a wooden sword I think and a pickaxe and another tool that I forget since it has been a while since I started a new character in that game. You then go out exploring, digging for different ores and fighting things like little blob creatures and such depending on what type of area you are in. It explores kinda like Metroid and Castlevania 2 except the giant world you are in gets randomly built when you first start the game. The way you dig ... mine... is kinda like minecraft, but I do say that loosely because overall they both are not even alike enough to say "clone" of any sort. The ore you mine allows you to upgrade you weapons, armor, and make things for your house after you build it.

Anyway, the point is. Great game, $10, endless old school fun, always being updated with new stuff = Awesome game. check it out here. Watch the video, it shows better than I can explain.

Have also been playing this lately, Avadon: The Black Fortress. A cool old school style RPG kinda like Icewind Dale. More on that later.

Will post something new a little later. leave comments and tell me how this was and how I can make it better... THX

Neuntoter

No comments:

Post a Comment